Practice Aptitude Tests is not associated with Clevry. We provide preparation services for Clevry psychometric tests. Our tests are not designed to be identical to any style, employer or industry. Visit http://www.clevry.com/en/ to find out more.
Clevry (Criterion Partnership) Tests
Founded in 1991, Criterion – now Clevry – was a pioneer in psychometric testing. Clevry facilitates the placement of the right people in industry roles, leading to better personal and organisational performance. The company offers testing flexibility to employers and a straightforward user experience to candidates.
I’ve practiced hundreds of numerical questions and still have plenty more to try.Ellen used Practice Aptitude Tests to prepare for her upcoming interview at HSBC. Start your success story
How to Pass Clevry (Criterion) Tests
1) Familiarise yourself with Clevry tests. The format, structure and content of psychometric tests varies according to the publisher and test type. Ensure you are ready for your assessments by becoming accustomed to the style of the Clevry questions you will be presented with for each test.
2) Pay attention to your pace. Clevry tests are timed, so you need to answer the questions quickly and accurately to achieve a high score. Seek to achieve the target pace in practice, so you will be able to comfortably replicate it in the real test.
3) Don’t get stuck on a question. If you’re finding a particular question tricky, don’t spend too much time on it. It is better to take your best guess and move on, rather than jeopardise your chances of completing the test.
4) Read the questions carefully. Although time will be tight, reading the questions carefully is crucial to your success. It is easy to misinterpret psychometric test questions if you do not pay attention to the detail or nuance. This is especially the case with verbal reasoning assessments.
5) Practice both your weaknesses and your strengths. When preparing for your tests, it is important to focus upon areas in which you are less confident to improve your performance. Don’t forget to also practice the topics in which you feel you are strong. This is to confirm and hone your skills specifically for the psychometric test, as even familiar topics can catch candidates out due to their presentation within the tests.
How are Clevry (Criterion) tests scored?
When completing Clevry tests, you will receive points for correct answers and will not be subject to negative marking. For some tests, your score will be compared to that of a norm group or average.
Employers have the choice whether to view results using Sten scores, T-scores or percentiles, so you may receive results in any of these formats. A traffic light system using red, amber and green (RAG) is used to indicate overall performance.
Are Clevry (Criterion) tests difficult?
Clevry tests are usually taken in sequence, aiming to assess your cognitive ability across a variety of different areas – such as verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning – so achieving a high mark across your test series will require competency in a number of skills. The tests are timed, so this will need to be teamed with speed and accuracy under pressure.
How long is a Clevry (Criterion) test?
The length and time limit of Clevry tests varies depending upon the competency being tested. The tests in the suite have between 16 and 30 questions and range from 9 to 45 minutes in duration.
What skills do Clevry (Criterion) tests assess?
Clevry tests seek to give an indication of your suitability for a job role, through assessing your ability to interpret and draw conclusions from words, numbers, shapes and technical diagrams, and giving insight into your personality and behavioural traits.
Scoring well across these assessment areas is deemed to correlate to strong performance in the workplace.
Improve your scores with our intelligent learning system
- Get instant access 24/7 to real life tests
- Track historical test performance with our custom dashboards
- Learn from mistakes with our fully worked solutions
- Prepare for top employers with our bespoke employer packages
- Compare your scores against industry standards
Reviews of our Clevry (Criterion Partnership) tests
What our customers say about our Clevry (Criterion Partnership) tests
April 23, 2022
Great test. You are always aware of the timer. A proper calculator is required and possibly a note pad.
October 27, 2021
Quite helpful but much easier than the tests in the application process
Good for general practice but in my experience these sorts of practice tests are much easier than the ones given in the application process so aren't a real reflection of what you would face
May 17, 2021
Understanding the question is the most important
And then you have to pick up your math learned in primary school.
April 06, 2021
The test examined your accuracy, logic and time management skills. It is good practice for those wishing to do well on their assessment.