Practice Aptitude Tests is not associated with SHL. We provide preparation services for SHL psychometric tests. Visit www.shl.com to apply.
Improve your scores with our intelligent learning system
- Get instant access 24/7 to real life tests
- Track historical test performance with our custom dashboards
- Learn from mistakes with our fully worked solutions
- Prepare for top employers with our bespoke employer packages
- Compare your scores against industry standards
After using the platform for two weeks, I’ve never felt more prepared for an Aptitude test.Ethan used Practice Aptitude Tests to improve his situational judgement scores. Start your success story
SHL Verbal Reasoning Tests
Verbal reasoning tests require you to understand and logically work through concepts and problems expressed in words.
There are two types of SHL verbal tests:
1) Verbal Reasoning – these tests measure a candidate’s ability to interpret and analyse a passage of text, and subsequently answer questions in relation to the information provided. 2) Verbal Application – these test measure a candidate’s basic knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, language and spelling.
Both of these test types come in a range of difficulty according to the level of the position you have applied for.
There are other types of verbal tests, which we have outlined below:
Aimed at senior managerial roles, this type of assessment will present written information in the form of reports or high-level documentation. You will be given questions relating to this information and you answers will be in multiple-choice format.
Aimed at operational staff, this type of assessment will present written information that you will need to interpret and answer questions in relation to the text provided.
Aimed at senior managers, you will be presented with sentences containing 2-3 missing words. You will be given five answer choices to complete the sentence in question.
Aimed at graduates, you will be asked to evaluate the accuracy of a statement relating to the passage provided.
We have put together some useful tips on how to prepare for your Verbal Reasoning test below:
1) Practice! There is only one way to perform well on the day of your test, and that is to practice as much as you can. 2) Research. Find out what type of aptitude test you will be asked to complete, so that you can become familiar to what will be expected of you in advance. Find out as much information on the company you have applied to, so that can show initiative. 3) Join Practice Aptitude Tests! So that you can use our helpful preparation packages to help you succeed.
SHL Inductive / Logical Reasoning Tests
The Verify Inductive Reasoning test is a very popular choice of assessment used at assessment centres. You will be presented with a row of figures consisting of shapes, lines, arrows etc. and you will need to identify the underlying sequence so that you can confirm either the next in series, or the missing pattern.
These types of tests do not present you with verbal or numerical information, but instead with logical patters and shape sequences. They test your ability to think logically and solve complex problems. As such, many people find these tests difficult and without practice, it is common for individuals to score low. We would recommend using online practice tools, such as practice aptitude tests, so that you can become familiar to the format of these assessments and the types of questions you will be presented with. Our packages also come with explained answers so that you can teach yourself the logic behind the answers to the questions, and gradually improve your scores.
We also provide video tutorials, to help introduce you to different question formats and talk through the logic of answers to example questions, within our practice test package.