Practice Aptitude Tests is not associated with RBS. We provide preparation services for RBS psychometric tests. Our tests are not designed to be identical to any style, employer or industry. Visit https://jobs.natwestgroup.com/pages/graduate-programmes to find out more.
The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) was founded in 1727 in Edinburgh and has remained a powerful banking institution for the past three centuries, currently serving over 3 million UK customers. It is now a retail bank subsidiary of the NatWest Group.
Within two hours of practice I have improved my score from 50% correct to 88%.Joseph used Practice Aptitude Tests to improve his numerical reasoning scores. Start your success story
If you score well on the online tests, you will progress to a video interview. These are not live, traditional interviews, but ask you to record responses to set questions, which are then sent into the hiring team for review.
They are becoming increasingly popular with big employers because they allow them to ‘meet’ candidates without having to arrange live interviews, which take a lot more time and resources.
Although you are not meeting anyone in person, it is still important to take this kind of interview as seriously as a traditional one. This is your first chance to really show the team who you are and how you conduct yourself: therefore, you want to make sure that you come across as professional as possible.
Some tips for online interviews are:
- Be presentable. Dress exactly as you would for a live, face-to-face interview.
- Be aware of your surroundings. The best place to do your interview is in front of a plain wall with very little background in view. If this is not possible, make sure to tidy your space before filming.
- Check your equipment. Test out the lighting and sound by doing the practice questions as many times as you need to.
- Ensure privacy. The interview will take 20 to 30 minutes, so plan accordingly to make sure that you will not be interrupted by other people or distracting sounds.
- Relax. They want to see your personality, so let your natural speaking patterns and body language come out as much as you can while answering the questions.
Virtual assessment centre
The final stage of the application process is a virtual assessment centre, which is a full day of activities.
The assessment centre takes place over a digital platform, but the tasks are still designed to show how you work on your own and collaboratively with others. It is a chance for the hiring team to see your capabilities in real time, but also your social skills as you build relationships over the course of the activities.
Group and individual tasks
These usually consist of analysing and presenting a case study, showing your knowledge of the sector you’re applying for. You will be observed as your team debates and discusses your approach to the issue at hand, which will show how well you both put forward your own ideas and respond to others’.
There may also be a paired role play exercise, in which you are partnered with another candidate to roleplay as RBS representatives, while your interviewer plays a client. This exercise is designed to show off your understanding of RBS, teamwork, and negotiation skills.
During the day, you will be interviewed one-on-one by a manager in the sector that you have applied for. RBS uses competency-based interviews, which means that the questions are designed to ascertain your strength with specific required skills and your answers are marked against a criteria.
In order to succeed in these interviews, make sure that you are familiar with the details of the role and RBS’s business style, so you can give specific and detailed examples of how you demonstrate each essential skill.
While some aspects of the interview process might be slightly different when done remotely, go through our interview tips to make sure that you are as prepared as you can be beforehand.
Improve your scores with our intelligent learning system
- Get instant access 24/7 to real life tests
- Track historical test performance with our custom dashboards
- Learn from mistakes with our fully worked solutions
- Prepare for top employers with our bespoke employer packages
- Compare your scores against industry standards
Reviews of our RBS tests
What our customers say about our RBS tests
May 20, 2021
Overall practice of basic numbers
The rest was very to the point. Good practice.
February 16, 2021
Speed and accuracy
The test requires strong and fast calculation speed. As I love calculation, especially quantitative, it was fun to me!
February 03, 2021
Helps you practice working fast because of the time constraint