Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is a part of the US Department of Homeland Security, working to protect the borders of the US.
I’ve practiced hundreds of numerical questions and still have plenty more to try.Ellen used Practice Aptitude Tests to prepare for her upcoming interview at HSBC. Start your success story
What qualifications do you need to be a CBP Officer?
The minimum qualification to become a CBP Officer depends on the grade level of the position you have applied for.
- GS-5: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- GS-7: Minimum of one-year graduate study in law enforcement or related subject, or Superior Academic Achievement at bachelors level (including honor society membership or high-class standing)
- GS-9: Two full years of graduate study in law enforcement or related subject.
At all grade levels, there are combinations of experience and education that can be used.
What makes CBP Officer tests hard?
Being a CBP Officer needs a certain type of person - one who has strong values and integrity, with the right skills and competencies.
To ensure that all candidates are given the same opportunities to prove their abilities, the entrance examination is structured to put applicants under pressure to make the right decisions at the right time, using their inherent abilities and knowledge.
The combination of time pressure, difficult questions and exam conditions in the test center are what makes the tests hard.
How long does it take to become a CBP Officer?
It can take anywhere between 6 weeks to nine months to get through the application process to become a CBP Officer, and once the job offer has been accepted, the applicant needs to go through training at the academy.
What happens if you fail the CBP Officer assessment?
If you fail the CBP Officer assessment, your application will not be processed further.
However, you will be able to retake the assessment after six months if you still want to be a Customs and Border Patrol Officer.
Improve your scores with our intelligent learning system
- Get instant access 24/7 to real life tests
- Track historical test performance with our custom dashboards
- Learn from mistakes with our fully worked solutions
- Prepare for top employers with our bespoke employer packages
- Compare your scores against industry standards